I don’t know about you guys but I NEED to listen to music when I run or work out. The other day I even drove to the gym, realized I forgot my headphones, drove home and opted for an outdoor run so I wouldn’t have to go all the way back. It may be a bit extreme, but it works for me. Music has always been a huge influence in my life. When I was a baby, I didn’t fall asleep to the sounds of the rainforest or the ocean but to Tchaikovsky, Beethoven, Vivaldi, and Bach. I began singing classically at the age of 3 and began piano and violin lessons at age 6. Today I sing in an all-female a cappella group at Saint Mikes(check us out on youtube!) I have different genres for different moods: country for summer road trips, dub step and remixes for pre gaming/getting ready, bon iver and the likes for studying, etc.
So whats on my workout playlist right now? I’m glad you asked! It is a melting pot of genres but here it is!
- C’mon: Tiesto vs Diplo
- Let Me Think About It: Ida Corr vs Freddie Le Grand
- Express Yourself: Diplo
- Feel So Close: Calvin Harris
- Sweet Child O’ Mine: Guns and Roses
- Party Rock Anthem: LMFAO
- Domino: Jesse J
- Bangarang: Skrillex
- Bon Bon: Pitbull
- Vava Voom: Bassnectar feat. Lupe Fiasco
- Come Baby Come: K7
- Mind Explosion 2012: Sex Ray Vision
- Goldust: DJ Fresh
- Promises: Nero feat. Skrillex
- Ghosts N Stuff(Original mix): Deadmau5
- Praise You: Fatboy Slim
- Dance (A$$ Remix): Big Sean feat. Nicki Minaj
- Cinema: Skrillex
- 212: Azealia Banks feat. Lazy Jay
- Love on Top: Beyonce
- Kyoto: Skrillex feat. Sirah
- Levels: Avicii feat. Skrillex
- Stronger: Kanye West
So as you can see, its a wide range of variety but songs like C’mon, Kyoto, and Bangarang really get me pumped and I usually sprint to those songs!
What are your favorite workout songs? Whats on your gym playlist?