Happy humpday everybody! Mine started out with some relaxing Hartha Yoga, which was very much needed after a sore run yesterday. I didn’t know how badly I needed to stretch and boy did it feel good. I took a yoga class abroad but I wouldn’t consider myself a yogi..but its possible in the future! Its so relaxing and I feel great!
Anyways, now to the good stuff! I won Alex’s giveaway last week and let me tell ya, this puppy was chock full of GREAT stuff, a lot of which I had been dying to try. But first, let me tell you about Soy Protein.
- Research shows that consuming a protein blend of soy, whey, and casein post-workout may help athletes and active individuals build muscle and have improved recovery compared to just a single protein alone.
- Soy, whey, and casein proteins are all absorbed at different rates during digestion.
- Soy protein is a good alternative for children and adults with milk, egg, pr peanut allergies.
- It takes 24-48 hours for your muscles to recover after a resistance exercise.
- Soy protein has antioxidant qualities throughout to protect cells from damage. Soy protein is a complete protein.
So what was in this box-o-fun?
- 1 Protein cookie/2 balance bars (cookie dough/smores) I’ve never tried a protein cookie and I don’t eat a lot of protein bars but the cookie dough was out of this world. New addiction: check.
2. 1lb GNC Pro Performance Soy Protein Powder. I’ve also never used protein powder and I have heard its a great way to recover from a great workout. I made a protein shake this morning after yoga and it filled me up so much. It contained frozen strawberries and bananas, peanut butter, dannon nonfat strawberry banana yogurt, a splash of milk, ice, and a scoopful of the protein powder. It was so yummy! But a bit chalky…I’m still in trial and error mode!
3. Running Parachute/training DVD. I’ve always wanted to use a parachute! Definitely will come in handy on the quad at school as I get crazy looks from people walking campus. Judge me.
4. Exercise resistance bands. These are so great for both exercise and stretching after, and one cannot have enough!
What a great giveaway, huh!
Enjoy the rest of your day 🙂