What an exciting week! My first giveaway, and now my first nomination for a Liebster blog award, thanks to Allison at Live Passionately Tonight! I feel so honored 🙂
The rules are:
- Tell 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the person who tagged you asks and create 11 new questions for the people you tag.
- Tag 11 blogs and link them to your post.
- Contact them and let them know they have been tagged.
11 Random facts:
- I used to hate onions. Sacrilegious, I know. Apparently I ate them a ton as a baby, went on a protest from ages 4-17 and now I am obsessed again. Don’t ask me what was going on for those 13 years, but boy do I regret them.
- I didn’t have my first kiss until orientation week freshman year of college. Late bloomer I guess. I actually lied to my friends in high school because they have all had boyfriends since like 7th grade and made out with guys all the time. A little white lie never hurt anyone and it made me feel less of an outsider.
- My AOL screen name in 6th grade was greenjello918. Enough said.
- I am probably the least spontaneous person you will ever meet. I need schedules, agendas, and lists to keep me going.
- I’m obsessed with coffee. One time, sophomore year of college, I drank 96 ounces of iced coffee in my nalgene. I actually cried in Barcelona when I saw a Dunkin Donuts (by that point I was really homesick anyways but nevertheless…)
- I’ve always wanted to be an FBI agent. I have read a ton of James Patterson novels and Criminal Minds and Law&Order: SVU are hands down my favorite shows. The life/death ratio is pretty darn high but hey it seems like a pretty sweet job if I do say so myself.
- I am adopted! I was adopted from birth (when I was a week old I took a plane from Topeka to Boston). I’ve never known anything besides the parents/lifestyle that I live and I couldn’t be more thankful. I have had an amazing life. I struggled in high school with the fact that I didn’t know the people who conceived and birthed me; I don’t know whose blood runs through my veins. But at this point, I love my family and my parents more than anything and my mom is my mom and my dad is my dad.. No ifs ands or buts.
- I LOVE grocery shopping. Sometimes my mom will give me the list and credit card and just let me go, which is so lovely. I don’t know why I love it so much. I just love food and I love getting new ideas for dishes or meals and trying new things.
- I still sleep with a teddy bear and his name is Theodore. I’m not even a little bit ashamed. He is the best snuggle buddy in the world and doesn’t hog the sheets (ex boyfriends I’m talking to you)
- I want to live in England for a while on my own. I was there for abroad, and I absolutely loved the country. Despite the awful currency exchange, the people there are much more nice and friendly. I was always greeted in a pleasant way just felt so much happier there. I swear its the tea.
- I live in the past too much. There is a lot I wish I could go back and change and it is hard to accept the fact that I cannot change what happened but I CAN change what WILL happen. Its a big step for me to get there, but I am on my way. Everything happens for a reason, right?
Now on to Allison’s questions!
- What’s your all time favorite TV show? All time has to be Boy Meets World but at the moment it is True Blood. Love me some sexual vamps.
- If money wasn’t an issue and your family and friends could come with you, where would you pick to live if you could be anywhere in the whole world? England for sure. I was so bummed my parents couldn’t make it out to visit me last semester and I want to take them there so badly.
- What’s your job? In the summer I work at a country club in the golf department teaching lessons, working in the pro shop, and as a starter checking people off at the 1st tee. During the school year I work in the campus library and I am working to be a high school history teacher (next spring I am teaching AP US History and 9th grade Humanities)
- What are you looking forward to in this month of August? Moving back on campus and seeing all of my friends! I love Bar and Kath but bunkin with the fam gets old after about a week.
- What’s your favorite drink at Starbucks? Iced skinny vanilla lattes with soy milk when I splurge but usually I just get a regular iced coffee.
- Are you closer to your mom or your dad? I have very different relationships with each of my parents. My dad and I have a lot more fun together and have similar senses of humor, but my mom and I have a very special bond I think only we understand. Our personalities are so similar that we argue a lot, but we are so close and I love her more than anyone.
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done? Probably go to the second largest club in Europe when we went to Barcelona. 5,000 people a night. Oh RazzMaTazz how I miss you.
- This is kinda deep, but meditation or prayer? I am a firm believer in the power of prayer. I am not a deeply religious person myself, but I do find myself talking to a god once and a while asking for guidance and direction.
- Did you see Jordyn Wieber’s floor routine last night?! OH MY GOODNESS! Craziness and awesomeness. Can we just talk about how amazing gymnastics is. How the heck do they do that with their bodies. Also, my favorite movie of all time is Stick It. Its not called gymNICEstics.
- Coffee or tea? Coffee coffee coffee coffee.
- What’s the best book you’ve read lately? I need some new recommendations Oh gracious you are asking me to pick one?! I am such an avid reader. I really enjoyed One Day by David Nicholls but These Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkauf was extremely powerful as well.
Now for my questions!
- Whats your favorite kind of ice cream/frozen yogurt?
- Whats one of your favorite memories?
- Surf or turf (food I mean)?
- Favorite summer activity?
- Where’s the one place you want to travel to?
- Whats your favorite movie? I love discovering new ones!
- Whats your go-to late night snack (healthy or unhealthy)?
- What was your favorite subject in high school?
- Dogs or cats?
- Do you think you relate to your zodiac sign?
- E-Readers or real books?
Now onto the hard part…picking blogs for nomination!
- Andrea @ Onion In My Hair
- Corinne @ Weight Loss & Corinne
- Rebecca @ Blueberry Smiles
- Hannah @ 365 – P&H
- Grace @ Eat Sweat Sing
- Bess @ Bess Be Fit
- Cheryl @ Happy is the new healthy
- Jacqueline @ Having Fun While I Run
- Cindy @ Wild One the Third
- Marie @ A Writers Block Party
- Lynda @ Hit the Road Jane
What a fun post to write! Now onto a hot, humid run (curse me for sleeping in) and studying for the praxis II (maybe.) Its one day closer to friday!